Monday 2 December 2013

November 'Dobo's (Don't bother products)


Okay so I'm two days out – I'm sorry! I've been meaning to post this for ages but I'm just too busy all the time at the minute, no excuses though... Here are my November waste-of-time products so you can avoid wasting your money like I did.


Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost – Split End Moisturiser
Surprise surprise I was lured in by a product promising to sort out my split ends. I must have got this when I was about 15 and I still haven't finished it – that's how rubbish it is. It does kind of make your hair feel good, but it literally makes it so soft it's like cotton wool! Mine became so flyaway that even though it was soft, it was completely unmanageable – by the time I'd of finished straightening my hair, it had gone wavy again. Not helpful at all!

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore & Shine Daily Scrub
Why oh why can't I find a decent daily face scrub? Feeling like I can never find anything any good I'm always tempted by cheaper drug store options, but sometimes it feels like none of them know that people need the scrubby bits to be scrubby, let alone attempting to make a product which feels luxurious. This is just another one in the useless face scrub graveyard for me.

Aveda Shampure
Ahhh I heard such good things about this and how good it really looked after your hair! I won't lie, a testemonial from the beautiful Leighton Meester and I was basically sold. It's not an unpleasant shampoo, it's just not for my hair – it just doesn't really do anything and can leave my hair feeling a bit dry rather than nourished (which is what my hair needs). I really didn't get past a couple of uses of this but I'll keep it on the shelf in case I want a clarifying shampoo one day, I think it'll be good for that.

Mitchum Advanced Control Deodorant
I can't talk in dept about deodorant really, but I heard this was a saviour product and it's just not. It is definitely not a replacement for my trusty Sure Maximum Protection!

Lee Stafford 'I hate my hair the say it's washed' Solution Spray
Want delightfully crispy, sticky hair? No, me neither. I thought this would be a good idea to stop my flyaway hair and make it slightly more manageable after washing, which the name suggested it would be.... How I was wrong. I have the fluffiest baby hair and I hate it, I really can't see who it would work for!

Hope you enjoyed this one, it's going to be a regular feature though so I'll keep stocking up more pointless products for next time. Toodloo til then :)

H x

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for the sunshine award! Check out my blog for more info!
    http://siansbeautybook.blogspot.com
    Sian Xx

    ReplyDelete